Thursday, June 25

Ferrari Cross-stitch

This is a Christmas present I made for my boyfriend about a million years ago. He said he wanted a Ferrari in cross-stitch, and I was very much in love and thought it couldn't be very hard to do.

It wasn't that hard, but it took a really long time. It took a 16 hour train ride across Sweden (vertically), plus two days of my Christmas holiday to make it.

Plus some preparation. Basically I first of all found a nice Ferrari on the internet, made it very pixelated and reduced the colours in Photoshop, printed and then stitched it on the t-shirt. (With a mesh in between for counting stitches. Then you pull the mesh out thread by thread.)

He got just as happy as I hope for, except some complaining about the car not being centered properly onto the shirt. Which I just ignored.

It's still looking good, I really like it and I would certainly do it again.
(Do you know which Ferrari model it is? I didn't have a clue so I took one I liked, but luckily I choose the coolest one so he was really happy with that as well.)

vrooooom vroooooommm

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! And way better not being centered I think. And what a neat way of making it. I used to do a lot of cross stitching, now I just think it's too much bother with the cat(s hair) being everywhere, hm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too, I think it looks sporty when not centered. Cat's hair could be a cool effect..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gees. You must really love your boyfriend! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...